Saturday, July 23, 2016

Day 17 Day off in Springfield, MO

Day 17 Day off in Springfield, MO

 I experienced Uber for the first time in Tulsa and I'm surprised it does not exist in Springfield. As I said to Chandler, when you have to reserve a cab in advance and it will still be late (as we have been warned about by locals in Springfield), there is a place for Uber. Fortunately, on our way into town, we stopped in a bike shop just before closing to find me a new tire. I don't know how I would have gotten to one if not for that good fortune. I plowed through my rear, one of the most durable touring tires made, in 1000 miles because of heat and weight. Jeff at Queen City Cycles didn't have a new one but had a low mileage set used that he let me have for a song. Thanks Jeff.  We had a nice day off, stopping by a bookstore and coffee shop. Lunch on the square and an excellent Thai dinner. These little slices of civilization are nice. Springfield is a college town but school is out so we had the benefit of the restaurants, shops, and services without any waiting. Chandler and Lauren had a massage in the afternoon while I planned on laundry and route planning. Unfortunately neither could be done at the hotel because the laundry was out of order and the Internet was too. Bad show, University Plaza.


 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment